Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An Architectural Tour

As I've mentioned before, we live in a nice part of the city called Toul Kork.  I am often amazed at some of the villas I see around town.  Last weekend a roommate and I took a nice little bike ride around some of the quieter streets, and I took pictures of some of the nicest homes.  Writing this post has reminded me that I'd love to do a post on the contrasts of Cambodia.  These homes certainly do not represent the lifestyles of a majority of the population.  I would guess that these folks have some important connections.  I think I've heard it said that one of the marks of a third world country is the absence of a middle class.  I'm sure this describes Cambodia  to some extent.  Anyway, enjoy the pictures.  Keep an eye out for the 'General's' house just down our street.













 
Many are hidden behind gates with guards. 



This is The General's House.  Someone told us a general lives here, but I have no idea if that's true or not. Either way, we call it The General's House.




 





Are you ready for this one?  It looks like it could be an art museum except there's no ticket booth outside.  I'd really like to know who resides in this humble establishment.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are well-meaning and uplifting!