Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Jersey Mike's

If you read the previous post about America, this is an extension of sorts.  The good, the bad, and the ugly had nothing to do with Clint Eastwood or Spaghetti Westerns.  It was about a new perspective on America, after coming home from living abroad.  I categorized some of my observations into the good, bad and ugly. Most were good I'm happy to say. Speaking of the good.... I have to add another one to the list.

I'm not really a homesick kind of a person, but when spring rolled around (hot season in Cambodia) I started to think of American food and restaurants that I really wanted to visit when I came home for the summer. The food is great in Cambodia, so I have nothing to complain about.  There are lots of great restaurants in Phnom Penh that offer all kinds of cuisine.  None-the-less, I was excited to do some culinary reminiscing on returning home.

So here we come to another good for the list: Jersey Mike's sandwich shop. Not just any Jersey Mike's, it had to be the one in my old neighborhood in Las Vegas. This definitely falls into the good category.





This Jersey Mike's is like Cheers, where everybody knows your name (remember that old show?).  Win (don't know how to spell that: he's from Myanmar) greets you by name and starts making your usual order.  If you stay and enjoy your sandwich you'll see him do the same for other customers.  He knows their names and what they like.

When I walked into Jersey Mike's today, Win looked at me with big eyes and said, "You're back!"  I mean really, where else can you go to get a great sandwich AND a greeting like that after a year?  That's not the end of it.  He asked how I was doing and said that he's been reading my blog while I'm away. What sandwich guy does that, I ask you?!  

They've got Jersey Mike's in California, Florida, Texas... forget it.  You need to go to the one in Las Vegas, on the Southwest corner of Ann and Simmons.  I always get the regular #2, Jersey Shore's Favorite and I always get it Mike's Way.  I'm sure they've got other great things on the menu, but when I find something I like I stick with it.




They've got some young folks working there too. They are friendly, upbeat and make your sandwich with a smile.  Like they just woke up on the right side of the bed and it would make their day to get you a #2 Mike's Way.

Well Jersey Mike's, you made my day.  Sorry I couldn't stop by a second time. May God bless you, your employees and your business abundantly.

1 comment:

  1. No, this was not a paid endorsement. I just appreciate my local Jersey Mike's that much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are well-meaning and uplifting!