Sunday, August 10, 2014

Round Two Has Begun

The school year has begun and we're off to a good start.  Lots of things are new this year, so I'd like to highlight a few for you in this post.

I'm at the 592 campus this year (It's called 592 because it's located on Street 592)  They can't call it the Pre-Primary campus any longer because grade 2 resides there now ;)

I LOVE my new room.  I'm the only class on the third story. My room used to be a staff room and a library separately.  They knocked out a wall to make it one room. So what I've ended up with is a large sized room.  We have two A/C units, which means the room cools down fairly quick, and we also have our own personal water cooler in class.  We're blessed this year.







We're living in a new house this year.  It comes with lots of upgrades from last year, save one.  It's quite a bit further from my new campus, which means I can no longer ride my bike to school.  I could, but I'd arrive drenched in sweat and covered in dust.  That combination sounds like mud to me.  Rebecca and I've been tuk tuk-ing so far, but it's going to be pretty pricey, twice as much as the girls paid last year.  I'm thinking about investing in a moto, the cheapest form of motorized transportation here. It's a big one to consider, mostly because of the traffic here is not what you would call safe and orderly.

Speaking of our new digs.  Here are a few pictures.  I really debated whether or not to share these with you, because our house is still in move-in mode.  We have a lot to acquire still such as seating and stoves. However, if I waited until our home was completely furnished and cute, it probably wouldn't be until next May.  So you get it as is.


 It's a villa style house, but connected to another, so it's a villa duplex I guess.


This is the view from my balcony.



My little balcony.  All four rooms and their own balconies and bathrooms.  A huge perk for roommates!


I'm on the third floor.



I have a REAL shower this year.  It was bolted to the wall but not sealed in any way, so I took clear tape and sealed the edges.  Now my bathroom floor stays dry and I have a bathmat this year!


Our living area is a bit bare-bones at the moment.  The school has lent us two chairs and a table.  We're still working on filling it in so more than two people can sit, and we can invite folks over to visit.



Our dining area.


Our kitchen.  I love the checkerboard tile.

We even have a nice patio area in front of the house.  I have a vision that includes plants, a patio set and some white twinkle lights...


Isn't it great?!  I can't wait to get it fixed up nice and have people over for dinner or tea.  If you're in the neighborhood, you're invited to the housewarming party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are well-meaning and uplifting!