Sunday, July 21, 2013

Getting to Know You: The King's Palace

I've had about 2 weeks before school starts.  I've been using this time to get used to getting around town and negotiating for things in the market.  We've (roomies and I) also played the tourist a bit, so I'd like to share some of those pictures with you.  This post contains pictures of the area that encompasses the king's palace.  We didn't pay for a guide so I don't have a lot of specific information to share with you.  Enjoy the pictures!



 








I believe the king was home because the flag was up.




This was one part of a large mural.  I don't know if you can see up close in this picture, but the fellow in the lower right has bodies coming out of his ears and in his mouth.  In the future I will have a comment to say about the spiritual implications of some of these things, but for now it will suffice just to notice and observe.


A model of Angkor Wat





This is one of my roommates, Rebecca, also from the U.S.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged as long as they are well-meaning and uplifting!